Strategic Plan 2019-2022
An innovative leader in excellent comprehensive primary care.
Provide respectful and caring health services that improve the lives of our patients and community members.
Excellence, Respect, Patient-Centered, Collaboration, Holistic and Innovative.
Strategic Directions and Goals
Strategic Direction:1. Find new paths in health promotion and disease prevention.
Finding new paths is about going beyond simply treating disease and about empowering patients with the knowledge and skills needed to make informed decisions to enhance their quality of life.
- By 2020, develop or implement individual and group programming for pain management, type 2 diabetes management and depression/anxiety
- By 2020, devising tools to measure improvement in patient’s health literacy and quality of life after attendance to one of the programs
- By 2021, enable self-scheduling and promote it to have at least 30% utilization by patients
- By 2020, implement a walking program
Strategic Direction:2. Increase accessibility through innovation.
With an innovation compass, move towards more effective ways to provide optimal care in the right place by the right person at the right time.
- By the end of 2019, transition to a new EMR
- By 2020, create a task force to assess feasibility of home visits
- By the end of 2019, offer in house phlebotomy services for our patients
- Ensure completion of physical space expansion to provide comprehensive care by 2021
Strategic Direction:3. Foster growth and development.
By prioritizing growth and development we are investing in the future of our organization and patients. Our goal is to build and deploy our resources to favourably impact our staff, patients, and community.
- Find 2 opportunities to expand interdisciplinary team to broaden our services by 2020
- By 2020, explore 1 annual opportunity to partner in programs/initiatives in the community to expand services
- By 2021, continue to build patient roster to about 2600
- Measure corporate patient complexity
- By 2021, organize quarterly team development activities
- By 2020, use our website as an effective, up to date educational communication tool
- Actively take part in the discussions on the implementation of the upcoming health care structure changes in Sault Ste. Marie
Strategic Direction:4. Provide quality comprehensive primary care
We believe in providing comprehensive primary care because it embraces health promotion, disease prevention and rehabilitative care.
- By 2021, devise QIP indicators that will inform us on our ability to improve health and quality of life
- By 2020, all NPs will have hospital privileges
- By 2019, participate in a community QIP indicator